What impact do our clients' thoughts have on their ability to achieve their goals? Author Neil Hansen talks about the thought patterns that inhibit our clients from achieving their fitness goals and offers us a five step process for facilitating lasting change.
- What affects people physically is connected to what is happening to them emotionally
- The scope of implications related to emotional state
- The mind body connection
- Why clients fail
- How does a negative thought affect the body?
- The HPA axis
- The effect of stress on chronically elevated cortisol
- Compromised immune function and fat burning capacity
- The body follows the brain
- The adverse effect of thought on weight loss
- What happens when our actions are incongruent with our programming?
- What stops us from keeping results long term?
- Five step process for change
- Where the client is subjectively?
- What does the client want?
- Why does the client want it?
- Does the client believe he/she can achieve his/her goals?
- What does the client believe he/she can do? What actions will success require?
- Getting away from what we believe exercise is
- Self-determination is what creates long-term change
- Why you should read “The Thought Diet”