Scott Josephson, nutrition expert and international advisor for Can-Fit-Pro and the American Fitness Professionals and Associates, discusses how we can help our clients live a healthier more vibrant life through an alkaline diet and proper detoxification.
In this audio interview, Scott talks about:
- Acidic vs. alkaline diets and how enzymes break food into liquid form.
- PH levels in food and why you should eat food with a PH level higher than 7:
- PH level less than 7 is acidic
- PH level of 7 is neutral
- PH level greater than 7 is alkaline
- How higher alkalinity-based foods are effective to:
- cleanse the body and fight disease
- enhance cellular regeneration
- How higher acidity-based foods are hard on the body. Some highly acidic foods include dairy products and smoked & processed meats
- Some alkaline-based dietary recommendations, including: hormone-free meat (e.g. free range chicken), sweet potatoes, rice pasta, green leafy foods.
- The impact of internal cleansing and organ-specific detoxification programs, including colonics.
- The benefits of a plant-based, high-fiber, alkaline-based diet, with the following suggested intake breakdown:
- Carbohydrates = 45-65% of diet
- Protein = 10-35%
- Fat = 20-30%
- The higher percentage of protein in plant-based foods vs. animal-based products (1.2 – 1.7 grams of protein per kilogram of bodyweight).
- The consequences of too much protein, including decreased calcium absorption.