The Litmus Test for Function – Tests 4-6.
- Bodyweight/Free Weight vs. External Load
- “The Tweak of Loading”
- Defining function based on the function of activity
- Pulley Pitfalls – Are we confusing gravity?
- If you let it go… it should hit the ground!
- Stabilization – Static vs. Motion
- Safety vs. Function – when to stabilize, when not.
- How functional are sit-ups?
- Pilates – Beneficial? Maybe. Functional??? Maybe not.
- Subconscious vs. Conscious
- Is the activity subconsciously “reactive”?
- Paralysis by analysis – Want to ruin a golfer? Get them to think about their golf swing.
- Goal: Become conscious of what’s going on… so we can guide our clients in subconscious ways!
- VMO, Pelvic tilt, TVA training… Dangers of the conscious mind.
See Gary Gray's Courses and Box Office Events available through PTontheNET.com