The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) course is the industry’s top-rated CES credential with specialists in over 60 countries. It consists of five distinct but interrelated educational modules that teach fitness professionals how to assess clients for musculoskeletal imbalances that can cause muscle dysfunction, joint discomfort and movement limitations and explains how to use corrective exercise to remedy those problems simply and effectively. Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive your CES credential and be recognized worldwide as a Corrective Exercise Specialist in The BioMechanics Method.
To earn your Corrective Exercise Specialist credential, you will complete an online comprehensive course that consists of five educational components:
Watch This Video to Learn More About this Course:
Research shows that almost 90 percent of people who currently utilize the services of health, fitness and exercise professionals services report having temporary or chronic musculoskeletal issues that prevent them from performing even low-level physical activities without experiencing pain. Studies also show that one of the fastest growing segments of the population joining gyms is the over-55 demographic, yet only about 50 percent of fitness and exercise professionals report having the appropriate skills to serve people with muscle or joint pain and other physically limiting musculoskeletal conditions.
The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist Course helps fill this gap in care by educating exercise professionals in musculoskeletal assessment, functional anatomy, corrective exercise selection and program design to increase their knowledge in this area of competence and improve their performance in applying these skills when working with clients.
**Eligible for continuing education credit with NASM and others by petition. If your certification is not listed, courses approved by major certifying bodies may qualify with your existing certification.
The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist Course will teach you:
- A step-by-step process for conducting musculoskeletal assessments that can be used with any client to identify underlying imbalances that may cause or contribute to muscle dysfunction and/or movement restrictions.
- The root cause of a client’s dysfunction by determining which muscles and soft tissue structures have been affected by musculoskeletal imbalances and movement limitations.
- How gravity and ground reaction forces affect muscle function.
- The differences between types of corrective exercises, and how and when to utilize, progress, and regress each exercise type when working with clients.
- How to select the most appropriate corrective exercises for clients from a library of over 200 exercises
- How to create corrective exercise programs that ensure maximum client participation and adherence by knowing what to do and not to do at each stage of the program design process to help clients reach their goals as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Online lessons featuring digital text material, step-by-step video instructions, and assessment demonstrations
- Client assessment forms and workbooks*
- Skills tests and self-check activities*
- Online tests with unlimited, free retakes if needed
Additional Course Information
- You have 12 months to complete the course. Upon successful completion, you will receive your TBMM-CES certificate.
- This step-by-step course contains online lessons, digital text material, video instruction and demonstrations, assessment forms, self-check activities, and online tests.
- The digital text materials included with this course are not printable unless labeled as such. (* indicates printable items)
- Purchase price includes unlimited, free test retakes if needed.
- Online courseware is non-refundable.
This course qualifies for up to
hour(s) of CEC credit with major certifying organizations. Instructions for completing the online examination and obtaining CEC credit are also included.