- Good exercise to work the hamstring while controlling the lumbo pelvic hip complex.
- Great movement to ‘teach’ the core / hips / thigh to stabilize while hamstrings are working concentrically/eccentrically.
- Start by lying on back with arms outstretched and palms up.
- Place heels on ball with toes pointing straight up.
- Perform an abdominal draw-in and squeeze glutes to raise your hips from the floor.
- Next, curl your heels toward your glutes by bending your knees.
- Slowly return to the start position while maintaining level hips throughout the entire exercise.
- Do not allow the feet to externally rotate while flexing the knees (keep toes pointing straight up).
- Do not allow your hips to drop while flexing the knees. If your hips continue to drop, descend the progression by performing hip extension only.
- Progressions: 1 leg kick, 1 leg diagonal kick Inertia progression: power ball – to cable – to tubing.