- Integrated hip extension strength.
- For proper alignment in supine bridge it is important that the head be resting comfortably on the ball with the neck in neutral position.
- Don’t let the head drop backward, or forward with the chin down.
- Chest should be lifted.
- Hips, knees, and ankles should be aligned.
- Lower and lift the hips with control.
- Don’t allow the leg to move in and out (abduction and adduction of the hips).
- Keep the knee stacked over the ankle.
- The ball should not move.
- Think of pushing the hips toward the ceiling.
- Think of directing the tailbone towards the scapulae (emphasizing erector spinae).
- Once desired time or repetitions are completed, switch legs and repeat.