- Good for individuals who want more hypertrophy and strength in the Rectus Abdominus.
- Ensure the individual is proficient at a crunch before prescribing this exercise.
- Lie supine on the ground with knees bent, feet flat and hands lightly supporting the head.
- Initiate a posterior pelvic tilt as shown (rotate the pelvis backward) while rolling the thoracic spine off the ground up to a crunch.
- Lower slowly and repeat.
- TRAINERS: Watch for a forward head carriage, anterior collapsing of the shoulders and holding of the breath. These are indications that the exercise is too difficult and should be regressed.