- Strength and hypertrophy of the triceps.
- In optimal alignment, lean forward form the hips
- Allow the arms to hang perpendicular to the floor.
- From the start position, draw your belly button inward toward your spine
- Maintaining optimal alignment, lift your arm so the humerus (upper arm) is parallel to the floor
- While maintaining upper arm position, slowly extend your elbow, hold and return (flex elbow)
- Concentrate on keeping your upper arm stationary and parallel to the floor
- Maintain optimal alignment throughout the entire exercise
- A common mistake is letting the head hyperextend; it is critical to maintain cervical alignment. The head/neck should maintain position over the shoulders while looking straight DOWN (looking up from a bent-over position hyper-extends the neck).