- Increases flexibility and stabilizing strength in the LPHC.
- Great stretch for the entire leg and hip musculature.
- Great stretch for the proximal attachment of the hamstring group of the bent leg.
- Start in a standing position.
- Step laterally with the left foot until the feet are approx. 3 feet apart.
- Turn the right foot so that it faces the front.
- Keep the left foot at a position of 90 degrees to the front foot.
- Raise the arms to shoulder level with full extension at the elbows.
- Maintain this position with the arms.
- Lunge into the right leg until the leg is at approx. 90 degrees at the knee joint.
- Side bend to the right side allowing the right hand to reach to the floor just to the inside of the right foot.
- Hold this position for 3 to 6 breaths.
- Repeat the entire movement for the opposite side.