- Increases flexibility primarily in the Latissimus Dorsi, Pectorals, and Hamstring group.
- Increases stability strength in the shoulder girdle.
- Start on your hands and knees with your hands directly underneath your shoulders.
- Be sure the fingers are facing straight ahead.
- Keeping your hands firmly in place, lift the knees off the floor.
- Drive the hips high into the air, extending the legs.
- Try to keep the heels on the floor (This is not imperative).
- Try to keep a straight line running from the arms, through the spine and through the tail bone.
- Straighten the legs as much as possible without letting the lower back round.
- It is acceptable to allow the heels to come off the floor as well as slightly bend the knees to keep the back in a straight line.
- Hold this position for 3 to 5 deep breaths.