- Core stabilization.
- Glute activation.
- Begin by lying flat on floor in supine position with knees bent, feet flat, toes pointing straight ahead and arms by sides.
- Activate core by drawing navel towards the spine and squeezing the glutes.
- With core activated and glutes squeezed, lift hips off ground to form a straight line between knees and shoulders.
- Hold and slowly return back to floor, touching floor momentarily then repeat.
- If your client feels their hamstring cramping, check their pelvis for correct alignment. Pelvis should be neutral - asis and psis should be even or horizontal. If there is a misalignment correct it. If you aren't sure then gently stretch the quads and try the exercise again.