There are a lot of options for people to get in shape these days. All they have to do is Google “fitness in their hometown” or “best gym/personal training studios in their town or residence” to see the plethora of options.
As a result, it is important to us as fitness professionals to treat our clients like GOLD because:
- They deserve it!
- They are paying us a lot of money.
- They have options to go elsewhere anytime they like.
So, what are we doing to make our clients feel special? What are we doing to keep them excited to step foot in our doors two to three times a week? In other words, what are we doing to “wow” our clients?
Here are three simple things we should be doing to wow our clients:
Old School Hand Written Notes
In this day and age of all things technology, a hand written note still works! How would you feel if you received a note in the mail from someone telling you thank you for just being an awesome person? I bet it would bring a smile to your face, would it not?
Our clients need our constant support and motivation. Sure, we can tell them they are doing a good job in person. Yes, we can send them text messages, but, there is nothing like a hand-written note delivered to either their home or work address.
In my business, I write hand written notes to all new clients thanking them for choosing me as their fitness professional. I also write them for special occasions, milestones or just because.
In addition to hand written notes, we should be providing our clients with gifts or a “wow” swag bag!
Wow Sway Bag
Every new client of Move Well Fitness gets what I call a swag bag. I give this to them right after their fitness assessment. The swag bag may consist of the following goodies:
- Tote/grocery shopping bag
- Water bottle
- Coffee mug
- Strategic alliances gift certificates from hair/beauty salons, massage therapists, local restaurants, etc.
I recommend this for a few reasons:
- Everyone loves free things.
- They will remember it and most likely show it off to their friends, co-workers, etc.
- They deserve it. They have paid a lot of money to work with me and have given their fitness over to me.
Lastly, in order to wow our clients, we should be doing periodic check-ins with them!
Just like us, our clients lead busy lives. We only get to see them maybe two to four times a week for an average time of one hour per session. This is not enough time to make sure they are staying on track and getting what they want from us.
I suggest you schedule either monthly or quarterly check-ins with them. A check-in gives us the time to:
- Be face to face with them outside of the training session.
- Allow them an environment to be open and honest.
- Answer any questions that they didn’t have time to ask during a session.
- Show them that we truly do care for them outside of their paid training session(s).
I recommend you pay it forward and make it free. However, utilize that time to tell them about your referral program. Ask them if they know three people that are like them who are also looking to get in shape. Give them an awesome reward for the referral of those friends who do sign up (I offer $100 off their next month’s payment).
We need to be going above and beyond for all of our clients. They want to feel special and a part of a community. Wowing your clients with the three things I’ve mentioned is a great way to do so! I’d love to hear how you are wowing your clients!
Subscribe to the PTontheNet blog via Email or RSS feed