Discover Your Self Limiting Belief Systems

by Jim Labadie |   Date Released : 14 Jan 2005
Jim Labadie

About the author: Jim Labadie

Jim Labadie has a degree in Fitness Management from the University of Delaware. He is the founder of TrainandGrowRich.com, a website dedicated to helping fitness professionals gain financial freedom and success.

Carr, Emily | 12 Apr 2012, 21:42 PM

I am in the fitness industry because this is what I have always wanted to do. I understand that trainers and coordinators get paid well, but that is just the bonus to staying healthy and helping others to get and stay healthy. I love life and plan to stay around a long time and staying healthy is a must. With the growing rate of obesity, more people need to become healthwise.
I can understand how some people will put a label on themselves, or let someone else label them. I have always been free spirited and open minded. I don't care what others think or say. I believe that each of us make our own destiny good or bad, rich or poor. Not all the rich are greedy and horrid just like not all poor people are humble. You just have to accept your mistakes, learn from them and move on. Strive to the best person you can.

athey, brandpn | 12 Jan 2012, 13:47 PM

I absolutely love fitness and my entire life I have wanted to make millions and I have never stopped trying. Being in the fitness field is just an easy way to work and do something I do on my free time anyway. Now I can use that free time to jump on top of the world and soar with the birds. I feel like if this is how fitness trainers think, then maybe they shouldn't be trainers. Sounds like a confidence problem to me and lack of confidence is not something an instructor should have.

sawyer, hugh | 13 Apr 2011, 20:39 PM

You can be successful in life if you stay true to your journey,stay focus,stay in control, keep an open heart and always perform at your highest level.( Its not always about money)

Korzun, Artur | 10 Feb 2011, 12:38 PM

N-I-C-E!!!

Smith, Harold | 15 Nov 2010, 22:49 PM

Great article is important that those of us in the fitness feild help people get in shape,stay in shape and live healthly lives. Can earn a good salary and be financially sucessful too.

Young, Jennifer | 19 Jul 2010, 21:15 PM

This is so true! I have the same feelings as a chiropractor as well. I chose to be a chiropractor and a personal trainer to help people live better lives, but I have this inner "guilt" whenver someone complains about how he/she can't afford either one. The truth is, we are worth it and our client's lives are worth it. No amount of money saved can make up for a poor quality of life for the person who is unhappy with their health or appearance. I've been training for a while, and I've only begun my chiropractic career, but I need to stop feeling guilty about collecting money from my patients or telling a client what the cost of training is going to be. This article made me realize some of the things that have been holding me back. I'm glad I have a starting point to work through now.

Gould, Joshua | 03 Jun 2010, 18:23 PM

I thought this was a fantastic article. It makes excellent points and hits area's not often covered that I too often feel are extremely important. -Josh

Magedera, Carl | 21 Mar 2010, 15:38 PM

Awesome article, well written and provides food for thought. The meek and modest may have a struggle with it though, especially across the pond.

Userovskis, Martin | 20 Mar 2010, 04:58 AM

Fantastic article! Very inspiring.

Miller, James | 28 Oct 2009, 13:51 PM