Leads are not an easy thing to get. So, once you get a lead, it’s important that you treat them like gold! How exactly do you do this?
Here are my three suggestions to turn a lead into a lifetime client:
- Engage them immediately with valuable content.
- Provide them an offer that fits their needs.
- Nurture them like a mother nurtures her newborn baby.
There’s a saying that goes: "People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care". This is the mindset of your lead. Just because they’ve expressed interest in your services does not mean they are ready to get started with you yet.
Perhaps they found you through an Internet search. As a result, they clicked on your website, saw your cool pictures, and requested more information.
It is now your mission to reach out to this person ASAP and find out their particular needs. Ask them the following questions:
- What is your #1 fitness concern?
- In the past, what has worked for you and not when it comes to your fitness?
- What’s your biggest frustration with your health?
Once you determine what questions you’ll ask and get some general answers, it’s now your opportunity to provide valuable content. This means you will use every avenue possible to do so. Some of them include:
- Your weekly blog.
- Your business Facebook page.
- Your YouTube page.
- Your weekly emails.
I hope you noticed that I said weekly. I am firm believer that we should be engaging our leads/contact list at least twice/week. Now that we’ve shown them we care through valuable content, it is time to provide them with an offer.
There is no exact timetable for when you should make an offer to a lead after providing valuable content. But, I believe a month is a good place to start.
If you already have a 21/28 Day or 6 week challenge, I would offer this to them. However, I might add in something of value that speaks to them if it’s not already included.
For example, if your lead mentioned to you that she struggles with making simple meals, I would provide them healthy meal ideas as a bonus for signing up for your program.
Also, if your program does not include other “free” things, I would make sure that it does. Doing this shows that you are still providing valuable content even as they become a client. This might include things such as a company t-shirt, a water bottle, a grocery bag, discount codes to partnerships with local CSA’s or juice bars, etc. I believe in overwhelming my leads instead of underwhelming, and so should you!
Break Out the Bottle
Once they become your client, it’s your time to make them feel like they are the most important person in the world; like a mom makes her new born baby feel!
You must always have the mindset that at any time, you could lose this person as a client. Trust me, they are “one good offer” or “one best friend who is doing a better program” away from becoming a former client of yours. Loyalty rarely exists today.
So, we consistently deliver value to them by:
- Texting them to say great workout today.
- Remembering their birthday.
- Reward them for referrals.
- Keeping your facility clean.
- Constantly asking for feedback as to how you can improve their experience.
- Being flexible with them when they cancel unexpectedly.
- Doing client appreciation days.
- Partnering with their favorite businesses (i.e. nail/hair salon, favorite restaurant) to offer them free or discounted goods.
- Writing them a hand-written note for achieving milestones, providing referrals or, just because.
We should all being turning leads into lifetime clients.
You have to be strategic in how you do this. This can be done by engaging them immediately with valuable content, providing them an offer that fits their needs and nurturing them like a mother nurtures her newborn baby.
If you follow my recommendations, you will turn leads into lifetime clients and raving fans!
Subscribe to the PTontheNet blog via Email or RSS feed