If you don’t know how to market your business, you will soon find yourself without a business.
It’s a pretty harsh statement, right? However, it’s the truth.
Marketing is arguably the most important and hardest thing to do as a business owner. It’s the most important because It’s what drives your revenue, pays your rent and pays your employees. It’s the hardest thing to do because history proves that not all marketing tactics work for every business.
With all this said, I do believe there are some marketing schemes that will ensure your success.
Here are my three suggested ways to market your fitness business in 2017:
- Facebook Ads
- Public Speaking
In my humble opinion, Facebook ads are by far the best way to market your business. In my personal business, I started using this platform and it has brought me success.
Everyone, including our grandparents, uses Facebook. Facebook Marketing is powerful because it is the best way to reach your specific target market on a 24-hour basis.
The algorithms that Facebook uses to put your ad in front of your target market is so powerful that it’s almost scary how much they know about us; however, I do not suggest you do your Facebook ads on your own.
I recommend you outsource them or hire someone who can teach you to do them the right way (I recommend this company Brad Bearden Consulting). There is a very targeted and specific way to use Facebook ads and if done incorrectly, it can be detrimental to your business.
If your Facebook ads are done correctly, some can be an “evergreen” (i.e. ongoing) marketing campaign that will generate a large number of qualified buyers each and every month.
Referrals are secondary to Facebook ads.
Once you bring in new people every month off your Facebook ads, then it’s your team’s and your time to shine. In other words, it’s time to “wow” those clients with not only results, but making them feel like VIP, red carpet folks!
Once this happens, you must have a solid referral system in place to ensure that your current clients know how to refer you.
- Keep this in mind please: your clients don’t wake up every morning thinking about who they are going to refer to you. As a result, they must be taught how to refer you.
Here’s an example of the referral system I use for my business:
- About one or two weeks after each new client signs up, I push them into automated emails through my contact management system (Infusionsoft). These emails, within a month, will ask them for referrals and reward them with a $100 gift card of their choice or $100 off their next month’s bill.
- Within 1 month, I’m verbally asking them if they know of anyone like themselves who also wants to lose weight, feel great and be in the best shape of their lives. I also tell them that for every person they refer to me who signs up for one of my fitness programs, I’ll reward not only them, but also the person they refer.
- I send them a handwritten note thanking them for their referral and recognize them in my monthly e-newsletter.
Anytime you can get in front of a group of people and be the expert, you should.
Also, anytime you can bring an expert to your facility (if you have one) to speak on a topic that your clientele (and community) have an interest in, you should.
People like to work with other people they know, like and trust. Public speaking gives you the opportunity to be that person.
Every time you put on a workshop, you should have some sort of offer with it; for example, if you are doing a workshop on the five best exercises to relieve low back pain, then your offer could look like this:
The first five people who go to your website and sign up for a consultation with you will receive the following:
- One week of semi-private training sessions.
- A foam roller.
- An exercise program that specific for their back issues that they can do from the comfort of their home.
All of this for: $$$ (you decide, based upon your margins, how much you want to charge).
Marketing your business in 2017 does not have to hard. You should not feel like you must have your fishing rods in every pond of water either.
If you focus on three above, especially Facebook ads, your business will be success (or even more successful) in 2017 and beyond.
Subscribe to the PTontheNet blog via Email or RSS feed