Strength vs Function: What Does the Body Want?
- Strength AND (not “vs”) function.
- What does the body want?
- Who are you dealing with?
- What do they want to do today?
- Physical, biological, musculoskeletal (chain reaction), psychological systems (mind, body and spirit).
- Strength is function is strength.
- Integration of systems.
- Bench press – what is the carryover?
- Carryover of big movements?
- Big movements feed function.
- Strength coaches are functional.
- Body is SMART.
- Misrepresentation of function.
- History of isokenetic training.
- Squat – core strength exercise.
- Tweaking the squat for function.
- Strengthening body in more functional positions.
- Not carnival tricks.
- Transformational zones.
- Harnessing eccentric power.
- Lowering weight and increasing strength and functional demand.
- Strength – we think muscles.
- Do you know what muscles do? Don’t look at the text books.
- If you want muscles to get strong. understand the function of muscles.
- Muscles function in all three planes of motion in transformational zones.
- I’ll show you a movement – you tell me what the muscle is doing in all three planes of motion eccentrically and concentrically.
- Be strong, be strong, make each other strong.
04 Nov 2010, 14:03 PM
I am confused about what muscles do what actions as Gary's challenge at the end of the post stated that what I was thought various muscles did was wrong. So where can I find information on the truth about how muscles work and what they do?